This summer has been brutal and there are plenty more hot days yet to come. Then we’ll have a day or two of comfortable weather, followed by long winters, and once again, extremely hot temperatures. No matter what we do, the heat always comes and it always will. Though warm weather can be nice, it can also be uncomfortable and even dangerous. That’s why it’s essential for everyone to fully understand how to take care of themselves during extreme heat waves.
First, it’s important to understand how to identify possible signs of heat exhaustion. Here are a few symptoms to keep an eye out for:
- Moist skin with goose bumps
- Heavy sweating
- Muscle cramps
- Low blood pressure when standing
- Weak and rapid pulse
You should head to a doctor immediately if you are experiencing heat exhaustion or other major health issues. From air conditioning repair to getting used to warmer environments, here are some excellent tips for preventing heat stroke and other heat-related health concerns:
- Find cool areas — It sounds simple enough, but far too many people think they can handle extreme heat for extended periods of time. You can’t. So don’t. Sit down in a cool place if you start to feel exhausted or overheated. Additionally, you should be stretching, drinking water, and drinking electrolyte drinks in these cool areas.
- Consult with air conditioning services — Roughly 84% of all homes in the U.S. have some sort of air conditioning. In fact, the U.S. uses more AC than all other nations combined. If your AC units are faulty in any way, you are going to risk not only being uncomfortable but will risk your health, as well. Work with professional air conditioning services in order to keep all your HVAC units working properly. Experienced HVAC services can offer everything from AC repair for common AC problems to energy consultation — so give them a call.
- Acclimatize to the environment — If you spend all day indoors and then go outside in the heat, you are far more likely to suffer from heat-related illnesses. It’s best to spend a few minutes and even seconds outside before you perform any physical activity in the heat.
If you want to learn more about taking care of yourself and your family during exceptionally high temperatures or work with trusted air conditioning services, give Complete Pro Air a call right away!